Friday 28 June 2013

The Soft Play Circle of Trust


When you enter a soft play establishment, do you enter the 'soft play circle of trust'? In what other situation would you willingly leave your bag and its contents (which always contains something importantly however well you pack) unattended and completely out of sight? Today I took E to soft play for the first time solo. We go regularly with friends and bag minders, but never just me, her and the bag. We took off our shoes and off we went. And obviously she wanted to play everywhere we couldn't see our bag, and go and everything that was, by very nature, bag unfriendly.


Is there an unspoken rule that irrespective of your criminal tendencies, you do not thieve in the soft play area? Or do we trust that as a group of parents in a similar situation, we just wouldn't do it to one another?


I didn't give a thought to my bag for 45 minutes while I got friction burn on my heels going on the big bumpy slide.


What a trusting character I must be. A fully fledged member of the Soft Play Circle of Trust, that I may have just founded myself.








2 comments:

  1. It's so weird when you go to those play areas and you worry about your bag. I normally take out my wallet and leave it in my glovebox in the car minus any money I might need. I have found that other people are usually very respectful of others belongings.

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully it gets easier when they get out of diaper stage and bottles and such when you don't have to carry a full bag to play dates and things like this.
    Respect should always be given in every situation!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...